The AIC Githumu Mission Hospital Mortuary offers the following services;
- Embalming – it has the modern methods of preserving bodies. Other than using coolers, all bodies are embalmed.
- Reconstruction – is done on bodies which are badly mutilated due to accidents, in any attempts to give the body the original shape.
- Cleaning and Dressing – dressing is done by member of staff.
- Viewing of the bodies in the morgue
- Post Mortem – is done by a pathologist of one’s choice or requests the hospital to do arrangements for the same.
Pathologist fee is negotiable.
Note: Admitting Bodies in the Morgue
A burial permit is the standard document required for transporting bodies either to the morgue or burial site. In case a burial permit is not available a police letter complete with a stamp should be produced at the morgue. Please note that the police letter facilitates the transport to the morgue and therefore a burial permit should be acquired.